His legacy is also that of a transitional figure his generation being the bridge between the unorganized extended family of nansemond descendants and the ultimate formation of the nita the organizer chief oliver fish hawk linwood perry sr. Nansemond tribe the nansemond tribe is a state recognized indian tribe whose members live mostly in the cities of chesapeake and suffolk in 2009 about 200 nansemond tribal members were registered in virginia. Elizabeth was the daughter of a nansemond chief she was baptized and according to the prayer book her name is given as elizabeth and it is a prayer book not a bible as many think. The ancestral couple at the core of this community was john basse b 1616 an english colonist and minister and elizabeth b 1618 a christianized nansemond woman and daughter of the nansemond chief
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.