Viking britain an exploration by thomas williams a new narrative history of the viking age interwoven with exploration of the physical remains and landscapes that the vikings fashioned and walked their rune stones and ship burials settlements and battlefields. Viking raids on england began again in 980 and the country ultimately became part of the empire of canute nevertheless the native house was peacefully restored in 1042 and the viking threat ended with the ineffective passes made by canute ii in the reign of william i . The image of vikings as marauding barbarians is one that we have all encountered in popular culture indeed even thomas williams author of this absorbing new account of their interactions with britain and the british museums curator of early medieval coins who spearheaded their blockbuster
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.